Matt and Kelly Stafford
INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA – FEBRUARY 13: Matthew Stafford #9 of the Los Angeles Rams celebrates with his wife Kelly Stafford during Super Bowl LVI at SoFi Stadium on February 13, 2022 in Inglewood, California. The Los Angeles Rams defeated the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

Kelly Stafford, who is married to ex-Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, is speaking out about her scary health journey.

Stafford, who previously had a brain tumor removed, revealed her doctors brought up the possibility of having a hysterectomy after she noticed that she’s been breaking through her birth control every two weeks.

“I feel like my stomach’s not great. In the back of my mind, I’m thinking I have cancer,” Stafford said on her podcast.

“Last Tuesday, I ended up in the hospital…I had a lot of pain in my stomach and my back.”

“They basically told me it was a stomach bug,” Stafford said.

Unfortunately, Kelly Stafford still continued to feel pain.

“Thursday night, I looked down at my stomach and it looked like I was eight months pregnant.”

Matt Stafford would step in and call the Rams’ team doctor and they told Kelly to come in. They have been running numerous tests and she’s now waiting to figure out what could happen next.

“It’s so frustrating because we don’t know what’s going on.”

The Rams, who won the Super Bowl in 2022, are coming off of a disappointing 5-12 season in which several stars, including Stafford, were sidelined with injuries.

Stafford signed a four-year, $160 million contract extension with the organization in March 2022.

The Rams were reportedly upset at Stafford this offseason for being unwilling to re-do his contract. Stafford is apparently not willing to help the team, according to Colin Cowherd.

“I was told by a source I trust that they wanted to redo his contract. He wasn’t interested. It limits what they can do and they were frustrated with him. And I could also see them next year taking a quarterback because the way to catch up in this league with personnel is rookie quarterback, go buy four good players.”

Outside of Aaron Donald, Cooper Kupp, and Stafford, there is little to be excited about if you’re a fan of the team because it is looking like a bad season in 2023 might be in the cards.

Los Angeles Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford threw for 2087 yards, 10 touchdowns, and eight interceptions in nine games last season.

Spending the first 12 years of his career with the Detroit Lions, the 35-year-old made the playoffs just three times with one Pro Bowl nod and a 74-90-1 regular-season record.

In just his first season in a Rams uniform, the former No. 1 pick not only led the team to the postseason, but also the second Super Bowl victory in franchise history.



Matthew Stafford’s Wife Opens Up About Scary Health Issues: “I’m Thinking I Have Cancer”
News Daily Reports

No comments: