Muhammad Mokaev willing to fight for free
Muhammad Mokaev (Image Credit: X/@ufc)

A lifelong dream of becoming a champion is such a motivator for fighters that they will go to any lengths to secure it. The 24-year-old Muhammad Mokaev is a prime example of what fighters will do to secure a dream. He is practically on his knees, begging the UFC to take him back and offering to fight without any money.

Mokaev went from UFC hotshot to humble petitioner in a short amount of time. The undefeated fighter once hailed as a rising star, now finds himself begging for a second chance with the world’s premier MMA organization.

“I said to Hunter Campbell, I said, ‘whatever I’ve done at the hotel, I’m ready to pay for that and fight next fight in UFC for free for the trouble I made’. I think it’s unprofessional but it was something that was in my heart for a long time. But I have to get rid of it, and I think I took a big lesson. Now I want to come back to UFC, and hopefully, I will be back,” said Mokaev via MMA Junkie.

Mokaev’s fall from grace came after UFC CEO Dana White announced the fighter’s release following UFC 304. The reason wasn’t a loss in the cage, but rather a series of unprofessional behaviors that apparently pushed the UFC brass to their limit. 

The UFC finds itself in an interesting position. Mokaev’s undefeated record and obvious talent make him an attractive prospect. On the other hand, his behavioral issues could be seen as a red flag. It’s a dilemma that even the most seasoned matchmakers might struggle with. For now, Mokaev’s fate hangs in the balance. Will his offer be enough to sway the UFC decision-makers? Or will he become a cautionary tale about the importance of professionalism in UFC? Only time will tell.

Muhammad Mokaev Slams PFL President For His Recent Comments

The undefeated flyweight Mokaev, who was recently released from the UFC, has found himself in a war of words with an unexpected opponent – the Professional Fighters League (PFL). It all started when PFL President Ray Sefo suggested they weren’t interested in signing Mokaev, despite his impressive unbeaten record. 

Muhammad Mokaev, not one to stay silent, decided to clap back. He took aim at the PFL President Ray Sefo for criticizing him in front of millions of fight fans. He basically called the PFL a second-class organisation as compared to the UFC.

“Someone does something behind my back. I don’t even see competition from PFL to the UFC. I never spoke to PFL. They don’t even have a Flyweight. Even in the post-fight interview, I asked for the new contract because I want to fight best in the world,” said Mokaev via MMA Junkie.

Muhammad Mokaev’s comments come hot on the heels of his public plea to the UFC. In the grand scheme of things, Mokaev’s situation serves as a reminder of the precarious nature of a fighter’s career. One minute you’re on top of the world, undefeated and praised as a rising star. The next, you’re offering to fight for free and feuding with other promotions.

Also Read: “Beat A Dagestani” – Sean O’Malley Throws Shade At Conor McGregor Amid Plans To Take On Umar Nurmagomedov



“Fight For Free” – Muhammad Mokaev Makes Desperate Plea To Secure UFC Contract
News Daily Reports

No comments: