Ex-NFL Star Reveals The Brutal Way That ESPN Fired Him

Bart Scott learned of his ESPN exit in a blunt phone call. The network informed him while he headed to his radio show. His contract was set to expire in September.
ESPN chose not to renew the deal. The former linebacker shared the details on The Joint Venture Show. He recalled the exact moment with clear frustration.
“I was going in to my radio show,” he explained. “They called and were like wish we can do it in person. I’m like, no you don’t, motherfu**er. So, it was more we’re not going to renew you. My contract is expiring in September. I found out that way, and it’s part of the business.”
The call came as part of wider cost-cutting moves at the network. Several other on-air talents also lost their roles in the same round of changes.
Bart Scott Reflects on His Time at ESPN

Bart Scott joined ESPN New York in 2017. He first appeared on The Michael Kay Show. He later became a full-time host and co-hosted Bart & Carlin with Chris Carlin.
He also made regular appearances on Get Up and other studio shows. The former Jets and Ravens standout brought the same intensity that defined his playing career.
Scott said he holds no ill will toward the network.
“Sometimes losing your job can be some of the biggest blessings because it forces you to try and do something else and sometimes step out of your comfort zone,” he added.
Bart Scott Plans to Make Them Regret the Move

Bart Scott now views the departure as a potential blessing. Losing the job forces him to step outside his comfort zone. He plans to explore new opportunities.
“One thing that is constant is change,” he said. “I’ve been fired before. I understand the process, and hold no ill will. I don’t even know who made the call. But I did enjoy my time there and enjoyed using the platform keeping myself relevant. I wasn’t a first round draft pick, and I’m not a Hall of Famer. I think I was a pretty good player. But I just appreciate them giving me the platform, and I’m not gonna hold any ill will to them. It’s my job to make them regret it.”
Chris Carlin continues at ESPN New York without a new co-host named yet. Scott’s exit highlights ongoing shifts across sports media.
Ex-NFL Star Reveals The Brutal Way That ESPN Fired Him
News Daily Reports
No comments: