The past couple offseason have been littered with Stefon Diggs trade rumors, and it appears as though a similar storyline is playing out in 2024.

While Diggs hasn’t gone anywhere yet, Diggs certainly didn’t sound like a guy who sees himself in Buffalo going forward. The NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe caught up with the Bills wideout to ask him a few questions, and the responses were noteworthy, to say the least.

When asked about his relationship with Bills quarterback Josh Allen, Diggs could have just kept it simple and said things were all good…

Instead, he had the following comment for Wolfe:

“Kind of at this point I let everybody feel how they feel. You’ve got your opinions, it’s not an opinion-based business, it’s a money-based business, and a numbers-based business, so for me, I try to leave the personal out of it,” Diggs said. “My personal relationships are my personal relationships. It’s for the people outside of my relationship to speculate or figure it out as they go, but the people that’s involved, between the two people or anyone else involved, are the people that know.

“I mean, I get tired of the same story over and over. It is what it is for everybody else.”

Then he was asked about his future in Buffalo, which he curiously said the following:

“I don’t know, I feel like you talk about with the money and all that type of stuff, I can’t control none of that,” he said. “I kinda just put my hat on and like I said it’s a long offseason in front of me. As far as what the future holds, shoot, I don’t have any surprises for you right now.”

Here’s the full interview:

Diggs still has four years remaining on his current contract, and he’s set to make almost $28-million against the cap in 2024. Unfortunately for the Bills, they don’t have a whole lot of options with Diggs, unless they’re willing to eat a $22.2-million cap hit in 2025.

They could take that route and either trade or release Diggs after June 1st, which would save them $19-million in cap space in 2024, according to Spotrac.

Either way, it seems like the four-time Pro Bowler is headed for another rumor-filled offseason.



Stefon Diggs’ Latest Comments Suggest He’s Done With Josh Allen & The Buffalo Bills (VIDEO)
News Daily Reports

No comments: