Bill Belichick and Jordon Hudson.
Bill Belichick and Jordon Hudson. Credit: USA TODAY Network via Reuters Connect

Legendary coach Bill Belichick finally answered months of noise about his girlfriend, Jordon Hudson, and the North Carolina football program. The 74-year-old coach told the Wall Street Journal the rumors went far beyond what actually happened.

He said the 25-year-old has no official role with the Tar Heels. A leaked email, he argued, got twisted into a story he now calls a lie.

Bill Belichick Breaks Down the Leaked Email and GM Rumors

Jordon Hudson Signals Deeper Role In Bill Belichick’s Inner Circle
Bill Belichick and Jordon Hudson (Image Credits: Imagn)

Belichick explained the timing first. He took the UNC job in December while doing a lot in the media.

“When I took the job here, it was December, and at that time I was doing five TV shows, the radio show, I had a book coming out,” he said. “I had a lot of other things going on when I took the job.”

Then he described the email that leaked.

“So I sent an email when I got here and I said, ‘Can you please forward any requests to Jordon about my personal appearances so that I can work and coordinate them outside the university?’ Didn’t have anything to do with the university. Well, that was leaked as released as ‘Jordon’s involved in every single thing that I do and she’s copied on every email.’ That’s just a flat-out lie.”

He went further on how outlets framed her.

“The way the story was picked up was a long way from that,” Belichick said. “Like, ‘She’s trying to be the general manager of the team,’ and it’s so ridiculous.”

He added one limit.

“There are some things that she helps me schedule or look at. It’s not North Carolina stuff.”

A university spokesperson also told the Journal that Hudson has no football responsibilities.

The couple has lived in public since Jordon Hudson first became a national story. Their nearly 50-year age gap keeps every sideline clip and scheduling rumor in circulation.

Bill Belichick Draws a Line Between Hudson and UNC Football

North Carolina Tar Heels head coach Bill Belichick on the sidelines.
Bill Belichick (Photo by Imagn Images)

This is not the first time Belichick has pushed back on the idea that Hudson controls his work. After the viral CBS Sunday Morning interview, he released a statement saying she was doing her job, not hijacking the sit-down.

Hudson cut in when Tony Dokoupil asked how they met and said, “We’re not talking about this.” Belichick later said the aired cut created a false narrative.

Pablo Torre and others have described Hudson as a gateway for bookings, including a Super Bowl commercial that put both of them on camera. Belichick now draws a hard line between personal appearances and UNC football.



Bill Belichick Breaks His Silence On “Lies” Involving His 25-Year-Old Girlfriend
News Daily Reports

No comments: